Communications Electronics (CE) is a Baltimore based Telecommunications company that takes pride in its mission to use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter. With over 120 employees and growing, CE is uniquely positioned to provide mission critical wireless communication services to customers in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Central Pennsylvania.
As a Senior Accountant for CE, we want you to share your passion as a forward thinker, demonstrate your deep technical knowledge in accounting and help this fast moving telecommunications business continue to grow. Showcasing your strong accounting and analytical skills, you will perform accounting functions and financial analysis according to GAAP principles and maintain a commitment to the highest standards of quality and integrity.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of various account reconciliations (or review of others’ work)
- Multi-company, multi-state Sales & Use tax filings and other compliance filings
- Preparation of month-end journal entries and financial reporting
- Various financial analysis and support of operational inquires/needs
- General Ledger chart of accounts and reporting structure maintenance
- Assist with annual tax return and financial compilation/review data needs
- Assist with cash management and forecasting
- Inter-company accounting coordination
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years of experience with accounting, general ledger, US GAAP, sales and use tax, and analysis
- High attention to quality and detail
- Collaborative team-player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong IT aptitude, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and general ledger systems
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating experience with ERP software, inventory and job costing
Communications Electronics promotes an atmosphere where people can offer ideas that positively impact the business and provides a pathway for career and personal growth. Our robust benefits package includes Healthcare, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for personal enrichment. We also encourage and sponsor multiple community service and outreach activities throughout the year.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.