Communications Electronics (CE) offers the most current wireless communications technology available, including in-building coverage solutions, wireless broadband, Motorola Two-Way Radios, and integrated security solutions. We use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter.
We’re seeking an experienced Field Technician to support the installation and servicing of Two-Way Radios, various communication systems, and other related products. The Field Technician II fully understands and complies with CE company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain above average customer relations
- Acts as Lead Technician on large system installation/implementation projects, new product implementations, and supporting various other types of technologies
- Supports Engineering and fulfillment in Codeplug development, radio and system programming, system designs, and other engineering tasks
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of systems/products (two-way radios, repeaters, networked systems, mobile radio, mobile radio installations, emergency alert systems, and a variety of customer solutions)
- Mentors and trains less experienced technicians
- Install, repair, program, align, and maintain existing and future communications systems and equipment
- Ability to develop and present detailed technical and end-user training
- Participate in special projects as required
- Document customer information, details of work performed, hours worked, parts used, specific instructions from the customer and all other items pertaining to the contact
- Has the ability to participate in 24-hour on-call customer maintenance contract program
- Complete routine work tickets and warranty paperwork in a timely fashion
- Maintain a neat work area and accurate inventory
- Participate in training for necessary technologies
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules as sometimes required
- High School Diploma and/or graduation from a certified vocational school with an emphasis in the field of electronics, information technology, or related field
- 8 years of technical work experience in related responsibilities, with at least 4 years’ experience in the Two-Way Radio/Land Mobile Radio industry
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations as directed by CE and the job sites of our customers
- Act as the subject matter expert on Professional Commercial Radio (PCR) Systems/Solutions (i.e., MOTOTRBO, IP Site Connect Operations, Linked/Capacity Plus Operations, Capacity Max Operations, WAVE Operations, Motorola/Vertex PCR Product Lines, and related technologies)
- Expresses expert knowledge in the following work segments:
- Information Technology (Certifications Preferred)
- RF Networks
- RF Theory
- Basic Electronics
- Usage of test equipment
Communications Electronics promotes an atmosphere where people can offer ideas that positively impact the business and provides a pathway for career and personal growth. Our robust benefits package includes Healthcare, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for personal enrichment. We also encourage and sponsor multiple community service and outreach activities throughout the year.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.