Communications Electronics (CE) is a Baltimore based Telecommunications company that takes pride in its mission to use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter. With over 120 employees and growing, CE is uniquely positioned to provide mission-critical wireless communication services to customers in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Central Pennsylvania.
The Finance Support Generalist will be an integral part of the Finance Department. As a team player with attention to detail, you will have the opportunity to be involved in many facets of finance including special projects where your well-rounded skill set will be valued.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Review accounts payable invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Enter accounts payable invoices and process check runs
- Interface with vendors to address inquiries and correct discrepancies
- Process customer payments and post cash receipts in various systems
- Communicate with customers to address past due invoices on their account
- Facilitate customer credit checks to include running of Experian and Dun & Bradstreet reports and coordinating with trade and bank references
- Provide transactional support across multiple roles with the Finance Department
- Obtain a certificate of insurance when requested
- Assist with ad-hoc finance-related projects
- 5+ years of experience in a finance support capacity
- Experience with Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level
- ERP system experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Communications Electronics promotes an atmosphere where people can offer ideas that positively impact the business and provides a pathway for career and personal growth. Our robust benefits package includes Healthcare, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for personal enrichment. We also encourage and sponsor multiple community service and outreach activities throughout the year.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veterans, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.