The Field Engineer for our In-Building/ DAS department will be the subject matter expert for the field service team. They will be responsible for commissioning, integration, and optimization of new passive and active DAS installations for our customers in the Baltimore/Washington/ N. Virginia region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshooting and optimization of existing passive and active DAS installations
- Preventative maintenance and service of DAS installations
- Pre- and post-construction site walks for new projects
- Support Field Service team with design review and project documentation
- Coordination with carriers, customers, and other parties as necessary to complete responsibilities in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor and report material usage in order to maintain adequate vehicle supplies
- Perform quality control inspections on work performed, ensuring highest standards of workmanship are adhered to
- Site walks of job sites to collect information required for potential solutions
- Support of installation teams and field technicians
Qualifications and Skills
- In-building design and implementation experience- specifically mobile technology standards, propagation modeling, basic antenna theory
- Certification in multiple fiber DAS manufacturers’ systems – including Corning/Mobile Access, SOLiD, Andrew CommScope, Teko and ADRF product lines
- B.S. Engineering or Equivalent work experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish faces, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form
- Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties
- Demonstrate self-motivation, maturity, and interpersonal skills
Benefits and Perks
- Communications Electronics offers a robust benefit package to include health care, PTO, 401k, tuition reimbursement, professional development certifications.
- The Field Engineer will also receive a company vehicle, laptop and phone allowance.
- CE prides themselves on providing a family atmosphere and offering work/life balance to their employees.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.