Communications Electronics (CE) offers the most current wireless communications technology available, including in-building coverage solutions, wireless broadband, Motorola two-way radios, and integrated security solutions. We use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter.
We are seeking an Engineering Support Specialist (ESS) to provide support for the Engineering and Design Solutions and In-Building Teams. This role will require the ESS to proactively perform specialized tasks while being capable of ensuring that project progress is tracked and communicated and that timelines are met. The ESS will coordinate the technical writing deliverables for the team to ensure timely, professional and accurate completion. This role requires both the ability to provide consistent support and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. An individual who exemplifies our company Core Values is a must.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Review all fiber plant designs and bills of materials to ensure they meet company and industry standards
- Prepare iBwave files for design by importing and sizing floor plans, creating wall files, and preparing the file for presentation
- Perform field coverage testing, post-processing, and create reports
- Oversee technical writing-related standards and deliverables to include tracking deliverables, ensuring compliance with CE standards, and proper tracking, storage and archival deliverables
- Ensure Field Technicians have fully documented details of designs to allow for streamlined commissioning and trouble-shooting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-7 years of experience, or commensurate experience
- Experienced technical writing skills
- Knowledge of wireless and/or in-building systems preferred
- Ability to achieve certification on:
- various test equipment
- various equipment manufacturers
- Possess an excellent driving record/Hold a valid driver’s license
- A positive work attitude, incredible work ethic and a sense of urgency is a must!
Communications Electronics promotes an atmosphere where people can offer ideas that positively impact the business and provides a pathway for career and personal growth. Our robust benefits package includes Healthcare, 401k, PTO, Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for personal enrichment. We also encourage and sponsor multiple community service and outreach activities throughout the year.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.