Communications Electronics (CE) offers the most current wireless communications technology available, including in-building coverage solutions, wireless broadband, Motorola two-way radios and integrated security solutions. We help organizations use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter.
We’re seeking an Associate Engineer (AE) to join our Engineering and Design Solutions team. This position is responsible for the design of in-building systems, commissioning, integrating and troubleshooting of in-building and wireless data systems. You will also support the sales staff to identify and design solutions to satisfy customer needs.
What we need:
We are looking for someone who is very well versed in mobile telephony technology standards, basic antenna theory and active distributed antenna system design.
- Commissioning, integrating, troubleshooting and testing of in-building and wireless data systems including coordination with carriers, jurisdictions and other associated parties
- Site walks of job sites to collect information required for potential solutions
- Support of installation teams and field technicians
- Support all EDS related pre-sales activities
- Support other EDS staff members as needed
- Prepare iBwave files for design by importing and sizing floor plans, creating wall files and preparing the file for presentation
- Incorporate changes to iBwave designs as directed by the engineering team
- AE is expected to hold or achieve CIBET certification within 24 months of hire
- AE is expected to obtain basic knowledge of two-way radio systems and outdoor early warning systems
- BSEE or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in the area of responsibility noted above
What you get: A key role in our Engineering Department and part of tremendous growth of a successful, energetic company. We have multiple projects right now, so if you are an experienced Engineer looking to move forward in your career in the Telecommunications field, our Engineering team is ready to talk to you. At CE we will give you the tools you need be a leader within our organization. We offer a competitive base salary and full benefit package to include 401k, healthcare, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled or other eligible veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category covered by applicable law.